You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wharfrat

Starting Member

Friday, May 16th 2008, 11:43am

Remote for Pro C

I have a Hunter Pro-C controller. I'm thinking about getting the SRR-kit.
Is there any option that I need in addition to the remote, or do I just wire it in to the controller and have at it?

mrfixit

Friday, May 16th 2008, 5:43pm

Smart port harness

The Pro C came with a wiring harness for the receiver of the SRR to plug into. I don't believe the remote will come with a new harness. So make sure you have one of those. Basically the SRR works about as good as a garage door opener remote as far as distance goes. You'll find yourself aiming it through the windows of your house to the controller. That's all most home owners need though. I always found that the higher up I could get the receiver the better the reception so I'd just hang it from the highest point. I finally broke down and bought the ICR. If you want to get fancy with it here's a link.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/resources/technical%5Fbulletins/srr%5Finstallation.html
If I can't fix it, it's broken!