You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JAKEPOW

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 11:42am

CANNOT FIND VALVES OR CLOCK

I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE AND THERE IS SUPPOSIVELY A SPRINKLER SYSTEM ALREADY INSTALLED AND I CANNOT FIND A CLOCK IN THE GARAGE OR A BACKFLOW PEVENTION DEVICE, BUT I DID FIND A VALVE STICKING OUT OF THE GROUND IN A FLOWER BEAD WITH NO SOLENOID ON IT I TURNED THE PART WHERE THE SOLENOID IS SUPPOSED TO BE AND ROTORS IN THE FRONT POPPED UP I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS A CHEAP MANUAL START 1 ZONE SYSTEM OR IF THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE HIDDEN POSSIBLY THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK....

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 1:24pm

Any photos?

JAKEPOW

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 1:47pm

SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY PHOTOS BUT I CAN EXPLAIN ITS A RAINBIRD VALVE NOT AN INLINE THOUGH THE PIPE GOES IN THE BOTTOM OF IT AND IT HAS A LITTLE HEAD AND A SMALL HEAD AND WHEN I TWIST THE LITTLE HEAD IT COMES ON, BUT THE THING THAT GETS ME IS THERE ARE NO WIRES.

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 18th 2008, 1:04am

manual

Your description of the valve made me laugh. People come up with some amusing names for things sometimes. You're saying the valve has a little head and a small head. If it's brass then it's a manual valve. If it's plastic it might well be a solenoid operated valve. The wires might be broken off so short you couldn't tell it had wires. Maybe you can find a link online somewhere to a picture of your valve.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGklJTuFhI_3IBzkZXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=rainbird+valve&fr2=tab-web&fr=msgr-buddy
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread