You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jusme

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 11:08am

Hunter Pro-C "NO AC" Message Flashes Momentarily

Hi,

I just plugged in my new Hunter Pro-C controller and a "NO AC" message flashes a couple times on the screen immediately after plugging it in, then the message goes away. If I unplug the controller and plug it in, same thing, and the message always goes away again after a couple seconds. The manual says the message obviously indicates that no AC power is available to the unit but doesn't say whether the message would be persistent or not.

I don't have a battery inserted in the controller yet either, so the fact that the display comes on and is seemingly functional makes me believe pretty strongly that everything is OK. I just want to double check with anyone else who has installed a Pro-C controller that every time AC power is applied to the unit it flashes the "NO AC" message temporarily. If so, it seems strange to me that Hunter would have designed the unit in this way because it is misleading. How can there be no AC power to the unit if it seems to be powered on, and that's the only power source available to it?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 11:45am

If the message goes away then it goes away. If I were a repair guy and I tried to fix your timer problem there would be nothing to fix as I looked at your timer. The no AC will be a problem if you saw it all the time. Do your sprinklers turn on and you see water. If they come on the system is working and you have no issue.

Good Luck. I know it is new and you want it to be perfect, It probably is.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 12:50am

Maybe it is like the oil light

Haven't seen this,but I don't deal y with Pro - C's much. Excellent timer with a very good reputation.

Maybe it comes on like a system check light, similar to some cars that show the idiot lights on every start up (or at least they did when I was a kid).

I agree, watch it, and if it doesn't stop wite back, and I'll ask the Hunter Rep.

I would put in a battery.

Jeff

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 12:11pm

Speaking as a programmer, is sounds like part of a boot-up process. If so, then installing fresh battries could possibly make the message go away because the electronics would already have power and wouldn't be "booting up" the electronics when AC is plugged in.

As long as it's something that ONLY happens when you first plug it in, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 12:54pm

it doesn't matter

As long as the clock is working ok, its fine. It takes the clock to a couple of seconds to read the power. If it works ok, its fine, relax.

www.irrigationsolutions.com

Rate this thread