You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

water

Starting Member

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 8:47am

Unit will not shut off water

I have a Richdel Model R406DLG. It was working properly until recently. Now when the timer goes through it's cycle it does not shut off the water at the end of the cycle, the last set of sprinkler heads stay on. Timer is working fine. What do I look for and how do I trouble shoot this problem.

mrfixit

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:24am

Timer

This is a common occurance with the controller in question. That little wheel, the one where you set how long each station will run. It gets out of adjustment and the last station stays on when the cycle is finished. Check to see if that wheel is in position between station number 6 and station number 1. When the cycle is finished turn that wheel clockwise til it clicks into position. That just might cure your problem. Here's a link.

Click on the first link. The PDF. Look at the picture where the #3 terminal is. See that black dot above it? That's where the wheel should click at between stations 6 and 1.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=msgr-buddy&ei=UTF-8&p=R406DLG

Good Luck!

Rate this thread