You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kenball27

Unregistered

Friday, May 1st 2009, 1:01pm

Irritrol RD 600 EXT

One of my stations hasn't been working for the longest time. Now one station will not shut off. This is the second unit in 6 years. Is it the controller? I have replaced the valve off/on valves also. Do these controllers have any warranty?

mrfixit

Friday, May 1st 2009, 8:41pm

Disconnect wire

Disconnect the station wire leading to the valve that wont shut off. Or unplug the controller. If the valve shuts off then the controller was telling it to stay on. Otherwise the valve needs adjustment or repair.

kenball27

Starting Member

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 12:02pm

irritrol rd 600 ext

Since your May 1st reply I have replaced two selenoids and they all turn off properly. The controller has two stations on section A, one on section B, and two on section C. Everything works except section B. I can turn it on with semi-automatic , but it will not respond to automatic programming-will not turn on or off. It has a new backup battery and is wired to a breaker switch in the electric box. Is it time for my third Irritrol in 6 years? Thank You

mrfixit

Sunday, May 10th 2009, 1:13pm

Start time

Having one RainDial go bad in 6 years doesn't happen often. Two would surprise me but it's possible.

Double check your start time on the B program. First make sure you have one, second make sure it's not the exact same time as program A or C.

You may want to consider unplugging the controller and taking out the back up battery for a few minutes then reprogramming.

There might be an erase program option. Page 28.

http://www.evergreensprinklers.com/documents/manual_raindial07.pdf

Rate this thread