You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, December 31st 2001, 12:31pm

Hunter And Rainbird

Do I use a Hunter 1-20 Or a RainBird 5000 to throw water 25-30 feet?

Tuesday, January 1st 2002, 1:07pm

I am borderline on suggesting for you to use an I-20 rotor for throwing 25 - 30 feet. You should use a rotor that is designed for that small of throw, Hunter PGM rotor or Rain Bird 3500 series or 5004 series rotor. The I-20 would have to be turned down a lot which could mess up the uniformity of spray (unless you use special low angle short distance nozzles). You can use the I-20 if you use their low angle short radius nozzle, however, you will need to request the special nozzles when you order the I-20 rotor. I think the I-20 is built higher quality and has more features than the Rain Bird rotors mentioned above, however, all these rotors are of very high quality. Your choice...

For more on radius and arc adjustments see the following link on our website for the I-20 rotor:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/manuals/I-20install.htm

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, January 6th 2002, 7:13pm

Or go in between the two and use a PGP. We have started using I_20's on everything we used to use PGP's on just because they are more durable and come with a check valve assembly.

Peresonally, if you are going to use a PGM, go ahead and jump up to the PGP. Use smaller, low angle nozzles and you will be fine. The PGM seems to fail more.

Sprinklersolutions.net
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 12:10pm

I would use the Hunter PGP or the Rainbird T=bird because the hunter i-20 requires more pressure , although you can use a smaller nozzle. I personally would use the PGP

Hope that helped

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 3:49pm

Look....See the origin of the post is over a year ago? I think that I'm done with my irrigation classes. Don't recover topics that have been already covered.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 11:31am

Geeeeese.....................Like i said, im new to this, not sprinklers, the forum, and i didnt see the post

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 11:32am

I ment i didnt see the post date....didnt no there is one.

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 12:58pm

Whoops, My bad, should have told you that there were dates
My mistake no hard feelings.
From now on just pay attention to dates

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 2:41pm

Okay, i got a question for you!!!! Im assuming your an irrigation contractor. What areas do you install?? I started 3 years ago and i install in NY but i had a question.........

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 4:39pm

What do you mean what areas? Where I live? Residential, Commercial?

I'm just a solo man that does it myself but very efficiently. I can have a 10,000 square foot yard done in about 3 days by myself.

Rate this thread