You are not logged in.

Dedo

Starting Member

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 6:21pm

Is there such a thing as a sprinkler head backsplash or shield?

I'm new to this Forum and hope I've picked the right thread for this question. I'm trying to find out if there's something that can be installed behind sprinkler heads to protect the area behind the head from back spray? I have arbor posts and a brick sidewalk that are behind the sprinkler heads that face the lawn. I'd like to shield the areas behind the heads. If there isn't anything (except the settings on the sprinkler heads themselves), is there some other way to protect the area? Should I just set the sprinklers in the middle of the lawn area and let them spray in a limited 360 circle?

This sounds dumb as I write it, but it's been a problem trying to find the best way to cover the lawn but protect the areas surrounding it. We have very hard water and it leaves an unwanted hard water residue over time.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 26th 2010, 10:06am

Sprayed water can and will mark what it repeatedly hits. You have to decide how much expense is worth not having the marks. Sub-surface drip will eliminate sprayed water, but is very labor-intensive to install.

Percy

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 5:32am

I've seen sprinklers that come with a flexible rubber disc that sits over the head. You can bend down the plastic to block off certain sectors of the spray, but I don't know where to buy them. Perhaps you can make one yourself.

jas0420

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 2:53pm

Heh... I was shopping for sprinkler stuff this weekend and came across these. I had never heard of them, wasn't looking for them, and wondered why anyone would need them, but I guess now I know. :D

I can't seem to find the original site I was on at the time and I'm not even sure if this was the same part, but it's the same principle....

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-Sprinkler-System-Impact-53161/dp/B000VJDXHC

<edit>

Sorry, just realized this was a pretty old post.