You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 11:09am

Problem with original installation

The irrigation system at my home was installed 7 years ago by the builder. I am now having to replace some sprinkler heads that have worn out and no longer rotate.

While replacing one of the heads I have run into a situation where the original installer did not use PVC cement to weld the T fitting to the pipe. When I tested the new head it was leaking profusely. Now I'm seeking an easy solution. I don't really desire to widen the hole out a couple of feet to be able to cement the PVC the way it originally should have been done.

I know there is that tape they sell on TV that might do the job. I have plumbers putty on hand. Any suggestions for an easy solution?

Thanks ahead of time!

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 11:55am

LOL

Sooo what your saying is that your lazy, want to do a hack job, and don't care if it's done right..

By all means, throw some duct tape around your joint, then pour an entire can of elmers glue around the pipe, this will fill in the cracks of the duct tape.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 11:59am

Dig it up, cut it out and repair it.. If you can't do that then get someone else in to do it for you..

You remind of a a used car salesman that will glue on the bumper of a car that fell off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IwQNP4C-4

Minute 3:10- watch

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 12:44pm

Lazy? That is a pretty subjective statement since I've already replaced 6 other heads this morning. My system has over 90 heads that cover an acre. You'd try to shorten the work load too! :)

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 2:48pm

If you can afford the water bill for irrigating an entire acre ( unless your on a well), then you can afford to have a company manage your system once or twice a year

Monday, April 11th 2011, 8:21am

I have a well. For being from Seattle you sure have a lot of negative energy.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 11th 2011, 10:11am

Make the repairs like your reputation counted on them.

Rate this thread