You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

F&AM

Unregistered

Monday, May 9th 2011, 10:31pm

A little help

I live in FL. I have a well pump but no sprinkler lines run yet. I did the bucket test for GPM, it took 9-10 seconds to fill a 5 gallon bucket off of the 1-1/2" main line. So 30-33 GPM? To determine what sprinklers I can use (and how many per zone), what other info do I need to get first?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:13pm

The bucket test is a BAD method to determine the maximum GPM. For details, you can read about it where I learned... www.irrigationtutorial.com. But the simple answer is that the GPM you measured is for a working pressure of zero psi. You need to know what the GPM is at the neccessary psi to run the sprinkler heads.

Rate this thread