You are not logged in.

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 9:23pm

1/2 inch

Im putting together my first drip system in my garden, trying to reduce weeds, and water.

Question: my system is 1/2 inch, everything i see is 3/4 inch for back flow and pressure regulators.

Is there 1/2 stuff out there?

Also what is the purpose of a Valve?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:29pm

A valve will turn things on and off :)

You can automate your garden by installing an electronic valve that will turn on automatically to water your garden

They do have 1/2 backflows and regulators.

Where is your tap in source? a hose bib?

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 9:45pm

valve

what would be a reason to use a valve? Rather then a timer or is that a valve also... i guess i was curious as to what these Valves are http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbx82/R-100012407/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

My tap in is a line off the house that runs to the garage hose, i tapped into that and ran a blue plastic line to the garden at the garden i have a nozzle thing guess you can call it a valve, it turns water on and off and has a anti freeze thing on it.

just seeing what i need after that and before the drip tubing, i have well water so seeing if i need a pressure guague also

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:51pm

Well

You can go This route , hook it to your hose bib, program it up , install your drip, maybe install a filter sense your on a well, call it a day.

The link you posted is an automated irrigation valve

Using a Timer , Wire, electronic valve , Back flow preventor , and your on your way to a decent sprinkler system.

kiril

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 12:09pm

Well

You can go This route , hook it to your hose bib, program it up , install your drip, maybe install a filter sense your on a well, call it a day.

The link you posted is an automated irrigation valve

Using a Timer , Wire, electronic valve , Back flow preventor , and your on your way to a decent sprinkler system.
Oh my ..... you didn't just post a link to a product that starts with an "O" did you? :thumbdown:

Rate this thread