You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 9:23pm

1/2 inch

Im putting together my first drip system in my garden, trying to reduce weeds, and water.

Question: my system is 1/2 inch, everything i see is 3/4 inch for back flow and pressure regulators.

Is there 1/2 stuff out there?

Also what is the purpose of a Valve?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:29pm

A valve will turn things on and off :)

You can automate your garden by installing an electronic valve that will turn on automatically to water your garden

They do have 1/2 backflows and regulators.

Where is your tap in source? a hose bib?

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 9:45pm

valve

what would be a reason to use a valve? Rather then a timer or is that a valve also... i guess i was curious as to what these Valves are http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbx82/R-100012407/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

My tap in is a line off the house that runs to the garage hose, i tapped into that and ran a blue plastic line to the garden at the garden i have a nozzle thing guess you can call it a valve, it turns water on and off and has a anti freeze thing on it.

just seeing what i need after that and before the drip tubing, i have well water so seeing if i need a pressure guague also

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:51pm

Well

You can go This route , hook it to your hose bib, program it up , install your drip, maybe install a filter sense your on a well, call it a day.

The link you posted is an automated irrigation valve

Using a Timer , Wire, electronic valve , Back flow preventor , and your on your way to a decent sprinkler system.

kiril

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 12:09pm

Well

You can go This route , hook it to your hose bib, program it up , install your drip, maybe install a filter sense your on a well, call it a day.

The link you posted is an automated irrigation valve

Using a Timer , Wire, electronic valve , Back flow preventor , and your on your way to a decent sprinkler system.
Oh my ..... you didn't just post a link to a product that starts with an "O" did you? :thumbdown:

Rate this thread