You are not logged in.

squints

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 2:14pm

Hunter Pro-C: Zone times transferring.

I did a Google search describing my problem and happened upon this forum. More specifically this thread, http://sprinklertalk.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1308.

I'm quite sure I and fwoodall are having the same issue (6 years apart).

I have three zones as well as three programs (A B C)

Zone 1: Grass --> Program A
Zone 2: Plants --> Program B
Zone 3: Trees --> Program C

My intention is to set Program C to run Zone 3 one day out of the week (thursday), at 6:45 AM.

So here is the issue... When I set Program C to run Zone 3 at 6:45AM and switch the dial (be it "Run" or "Days to Water") and return to check the program is correct the start time has now switched from Zone 3 to Zone 1. So now Zone 3 is set to off, and Zone 1 is set to 6:45AM. If I set Zone 3 to 6:45AM again, it will then switch 6:45AM to Zone 2. Set zone 3 again and I will finally have Zone 3 at 6:45AM, resulting in all three zone being programmed at 6:45AM.

I have to set the first two zones to get the third to have the correct start time. After this I have to set the run times for Zone 1 and Zone 2 to 0:00.

Where am I going wrong?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 3:13pm

There is no such thing as a start time for zone one. There is no such thing as a start time for zone three. There are only start times for programs. It is up to you to comprehend this, and to properly program a controller.

Go back and read your owners manual.

squints

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 6:21pm

Got it, I think.

So the numbers in "Start times" [1-4] does not correlate to zones. 1-4 can be set for multiple times to be run throughout the day, correct?

So for me to run only one zone in Program C, the correct way would be to set run times for the other two zones at 0:00?

Appreciate the help.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 7:17pm

correct

Me

Unregistered

Monday, August 29th 2011, 8:57pm

Follow up question

Hello. My Mom's system is the Hunter Pro C as well. We have just program 1 set up to start watering in the morning. The remaining programs are off and even then with the run time as 0 just in case. For some bizarre reason, it starts the cycle over a few hours after completion even though there are no other programs set to run.

Normally, Dad handled all this before he became ill and passed, so now I am trying to pick up where he would and I am finding it difficult.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2011, 10:45pm

There is no "Program 1" in a Hunter Pro-C controller. You must read the manual and eliminate the errors you have made.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 5:12pm

Look in Start Times. You should only have a time for start time #1. Programs A, B, C and D also have start times. Make sure you only have 1 start time for one program.

Common Sense

Unregistered

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 10:06am

Hunter

There is no "Program 1" in a Hunter Pro-C controller. You must read the manual and eliminate the errors you have made.
If the solution was to read the manual, the question wouldn't be posted to this board and you wouldn't be able to utilize your time to provide a non-answer to a question on a message board. Thank you for nothing - geez.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Monday, June 30th 2014, 12:44am

start times

If there are 4 available start times, there are usually 4 for each program (A,B,C,D). 12 in total. 1/12 should be turned on if all of your programming is in A. A random start time in another program will run the system. Also check your season adjust feature if that is available. Should be set for 100% if you have it.

You need to check and make sure there is only a start time in A, Start time 1. All other start times need to be turned off. I work for Irritrol and Toro, and we offer help programming for our customers over the phone. Maybe Hunter can help you if you call their customer service line...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 30th 2014, 7:03am

RE: Hunter

If the solution was to read the manual, the question wouldn't be posted to this board and you wouldn't be able to utilize your time to provide a non-answer to a question on a message board. Thank you for nothing - geez.
Well aren't you mister sunshine. The answer isn't anything other than to read and comprehend the instruction manual. People across the world keep confusing a sprinkler controller with a videotape recorder, and they continue to believe they must program a start time for each zone of the system, and they continue to complain about a sprinkler system that won't stop watering. As long as questions are stated in a way that indicates misunderstanding the basic instructions and terminology of sprinkler controllers, they need to go back and read the instructions again, until they comprehend how the programming works, otherwise they will always be in the dark on how these things function.

As it is, Hunter has expanded on their original controller instructions, to include a section that more or less states "This ain't a VCR, people, so don't try to program it like one."

Rate this thread