You are not logged in.

trakluvr15

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 11:08am

Pressure issues related to the Solenoid i think

Hi guys, need a little help! I installed my own irrigation system a few years back, and I have been battling an issue with no resolution so far. That little black solenoid on the valve leaks from the base (threaded portion) all the time, enough that it floods the area around it. When I tighten it down, it stops leaking, but then I get almost no pressure out the heads of those sprinklers when they come on! I have tried cleaning it out and even went back and forth with the company via email with no help. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Valves are Orbit - Watermaster, model #57224

Steve - Visalia, Ca.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "trakluvr15" (Aug 18th 2011, 5:47pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 5:28pm

make and model of valve would help - a possible cause of valve-opening problems is excess glue blocking a waterway

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 8:14pm

It's possible the o-ring is missing

but those are horrible crap valves to begin with

replace the valve

mrfixit

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 3:44pm

The diaphragms are probably getting old and stiff.

You could Jerry rig it by adding a second O-ring under the solenoid as a temporary fix.

If you replace the valves I recommend you buy the Irritrol 311A. The ports are a similar width apart.

You could use the same brand valves. They're not the greatest but you could do worse.

http://irritrol.com/valves/valves_311as.html < cut n paste the link.

P.S. The valves have to be at least 5 inches apart for the 311's to fit side by side. Otherwise you'd have to stagger the height.

Rate this thread