You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 12:08pm

Cut offs of sprinkler heads--is there a method of monitoring this?

Hi everyone, I am a New Member on your site. The site looks to be very professional & is impressive!Being new I thought I would ask a stupid question, we live in a Manufactured Home Park in Sebring, Florida. We are retired Canadians and have a home here occupied from November to April each year attempting to escape the cold weather back home. We have the park staff cut our lawn in the summer when we are up north. What happens quite often in the park is the mowers cut off sprinkler heads accidentally that have not dropped down, most of the time the mower does not know it has happened. When the sprinklers come on a great gush of water goes straight up and if the sprinkler head is under or near a house can cause a tremendous amount of damage, one incident across from us has caused $2500 of damage. Thankfully to this individual his house insurance paid the bill.
I am wondering if there is a device that one could put in the sprinkler head or at the controller that would sense an immediate call for water & shut off the flow? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....Ernie

mrfixit

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 12:28pm

Yes, they do have such a device. I've never seen one installed. Hunter does make some quality products so I'm sure it works.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Sprinker-Flow-Clik-Sensor-Tee-p/flow-clik.htm

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 5th 2011, 3:08pm

Of course, the flow sensor does not act on its own. It has to work with a controller that can 'read' the sensor, and the controller has to be programmed to know what the proper flow is for each zone.

mrfixit

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 4:05am

The manual says the Flow-Click can be used with almost any 24 volt timer.

http://sprinklertalk.com/manuals/hunter/flow_clik_manual.pdf

Traveler you'll have to cut n paste this address.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 8:36am

Good catch - I was thinking about the controllers that could have maximum flow levels for each individual zone, as opposed to using a standalone interface box.

{ By the way, you can use the "insert link" button (the chain image) to create a clickable link for some text you have highlighted ~ like this }

mrfixit

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 11:53am

Insert link here...

Thanks Boots! I've been accused in the past of not clicking on things to see what they do. Looks like they were right. 8)

Rate this thread