You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:43pm

Rainbird 1800's.

I just installed 6 Rainbird 1800's. Two of the sprays -spray straight out, causing dry spots from the spray to about 2ft out from there. Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:04am

all same type nozzle? Different radius/patterns?
Spray never do a complete job of watering close in. That's why designs are always head to head.
The water from spray 2 covers the area in front of spray one, etc.

sprinkler enthusiast

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:46pm

is there a head to head coverage, i.e. spray from one head reaches the neighboring head?

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:33pm

I've read this post at least three times. I still don't understand exactly what you're saying. If you mean you have brown spots 2 feet in front of the sprinkler you should try the U series nozzle. It has two openings. One opening sprays normal and the other one sprays in close to the sprinkler.
U Series. Click on this.
---------------
Watch this video:
Video

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 6th 2012, 11:43pm)

Friday, June 8th 2012, 9:35pm

I changed them around today to have head to head coverage. This has solved my problem. Thank-you to everyone who helped! :)

rmour

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 12:01pm

The ideal head to head isn't always feasible with inherited systems...use a dual spray nozzle http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/products/sprays/dualspraynozzles.htm

Rate this thread