You are not logged in.

Monday, June 18th 2012, 8:54am

With your slope you may be losing more to run off than is being absorbed.
You can mix PGJ and PGP. Don't really know why they would.

Look at http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/greenhouse/hortgardens/conservation/agentdemo1.pdf for a short description and survey sheet.
Tuna or cat food cans are best. Don't mix sizes.

What part of the country you in?
I did 5 inspections Saturday. Two of them had the same problem in the same area: corner of walk and drive, extending down walk. Both had good coverage and no real run off. In these cases the daily heat (daily highs since June 1 = 90 to 95, 2.5 inches of rain in one 3 day run) is killing the grass. Irrigation stops about 7 am, by 3 pm the grass in that corner is baking, soil dry, and the concrete holds the heat until late in the evening.

pman

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:45am

i live in los angeles county. The soil isn't bad. The rest of the lawn is growing ok.

the water is just not reaching the area around the rotors. and the breezes are blowing back the water and preventing it from reaching the front center of the grass.
the rotors are not designed to spray water near themselves, right? That's why you put them head to head so a neighboring rotor can cover that area?

there does not appear to be runoff. If there were, wouldn't the grass along the sidewalk be nice and green?
Even that part doesn't look too good.

The left front rotor where the sidewalk meets the wall also appears to be blocked by grass blades. I plan on pulling the rotor up and tilt it perpendicular to the slope. Right now, it just pops straight up, perpendicular to the sidewalk.-

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pman" (Jun 20th 2012, 1:56am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 6:46am

If you got enough capacity, you can add an extra head between the two by the sidewalk.

And de-thatch that lawn.

Rate this thread