You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 12:56am

Help w Irritrol Junior Max?

I have an 8 station Irritrol Junior Max controller that seems to be on the fritz. The problem is that no matter what mode it is in (Auto, manual, etc) it turns the sprinklers on (like it should) but then they immediately shut off. There havent been any error messages or anything on it. I am just a renter but the landlord refuses to believe anything is wrong with it. Now the lawn is starting to die and I don't know what to do. Additionally I looked at the wires on the thing and they are all tight and clean (no visible burning etc) didnt want to dink with the stuff in the box because I dont want to screw anything up. Also replaced the battery. Any help would be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 6:31am

Is there a rain detector connected to the controller?

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 11:23am

No there is no rain detector.

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 8:27am

I'd start with a complete reset.
The manual is at http://www.irritrol.com/controller_manuals/pdfs/manual_juniormax.pdf (cut/paste).
Reset, reprogram, test.

It also has an auto circuit breaker.
Per the manual: The Junior MAX controller is equipped with an automatic circuit breaker... A short circuit in the field wiring or the valve solenoid will cause the automatic circuit breaker open and stop electrical output. The “24V” will
flash and the red “AUTO” light will blink. If the fault isn’t corrected by the next start
time, the controller will initiate another watering cycle and advance through the set
stations until it encounters the station with the electrical fault. The program will again
terminate and display the blinking “24V” icon and the blinking red “AUTO” light. To
verify that there is a short circuit problem, go to the manual mode and start the station. If it
doesn’t start or turns off before the set run time, troubleshoot the field wiring and valve
solenoid."

Since they all do it could be a short on the common.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 6:54pm

Well I had read this stuff from the manual before, The thing is the 24V is flashing (whether or not the adapter is plugged in) but there is no red light on at all -- it is green like it should be. Could it be the adapter itself that is bad?
Edit: Reset did nothing to help. it is still not working.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ccodycash" (Jul 25th 2012, 12:41am)

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 8:04am

At this point you may want to talk to Irritrol 1-800-634-TURF (8873)

Rate this thread