You are not logged in.

the_victors

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:42am

new house with sprinkler system

I recently bought a house that has an in ground sprinkler system. The only problem is I dont have any experience with these systems, and I can't figure out how to get it to work. I found the valve that comes off of my pump, and I turned that on... I also found another valve outside. It says something about pressure valve on it... there are 2 valves on that. I turned my panel to the test mode and tried testing the zones, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:54am

What controller make/model?
Pictures would be helpful if you can, especially of what you call the 'pressure valve."

Meanwhile, look at anatomy of a system for a quick overview.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:45am

picture

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj591/braylonbaby/

here is a link with some pictures i took...

the second picture is in the basement. i know that red valve has to be turned 90 degrees to turn the water on...

the first one shows that valve i was talking about. says something like pressure breaker or something.

the one shows my panel . it is a rain bird

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 1:24pm

That is a pressure vacuum breaker. Both valves on it are turned off. Did you turn them on when you tested the system?

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 1:30am

yes. i had all of the valves in the on position when i tried.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 8:16am

I can't see the pictures but...

Go to the valves and turn them on manually. Then you will know you have the water on.

If all fails, hire a pro to check the system and show you how to work it.

If you live where it freezes you will need them to winterize.

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:39am

The screws on the pvb were a little off...I had to rotate them about 20 degrees. Functioning now. Thanks

Rate this thread