You are not logged in.

scary_project

Unregistered

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 6:52am

can this be done (controller/ sensor)?

hey guys,

i'm looking to set up some sprinklers (alongside some other things) running off some motion sensors. basically, as someone walks through and sets the sensor off there will be a few sprinklers around that will activate and get them wet - which i'll set up varied between jet and spray action. having had a look around without joy i thought i'd ask the experts. can this be done?

i was thinking of running the sensors and sprinklers to a computer and having it receive the signal from the sensors and control the sprinklers, though having them controlled by a controller with input from the sensors would also work.

any help would be great! :)

cheers,

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 8:31am

Probably a good way to get the sprinklers kicked to pieces.

scary_project

Unregistered

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 8:45am

Probably a good way to get the sprinklers kicked to pieces.

it's for a project where the aim is to get people wet - they'll be expecting it, so i think the sprinklers will be fine. there are other items which i'm looking to run off sensors also, but i'm wondering how i could go about getting the sprinklers. any ideas please?

cheers,

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 12:05pm

Sprinkler controllers don't run on sensor command. You have to work things another way entirely. Due to the rise of solid state control systems, there are mountains of relays to be had for cheap on ebay. All you require is a class-2 24VAC power transformer to power the sprinkler valves. It's up to you then to connect the dots with the sensors and the relays. There should be some sensors to be had that could run on 24 VAC.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Monday, September 24th 2012, 12:27pm

This might be right up your alley and fairly affordable.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Laser-Tripwire/

Instead of turning the LED on and off you can have it turn a relay on and off that controls the 24VAC to the solenoid.

Rate this thread