You are not logged in.

janda.m

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 7:05am

help with design

hi...whats the better sprinkler spacing?...my first zone is about 36ft long and 42ft wide...my design is in the picture...my pressure is 5bars and 16gpm..i want to place 4 90 degree hunter pgj with distance 32ft and on the side two with distance 20ft...should I place also on the other side two with 16ft or is it OK?..i want to avoid to place one in the middle of garden....my second desing is the same but with 6 pgj´s with distance 20ft and 2 with 16 feet...and what sprinkler is better in this case?..pgj or pgp ultra?...thx

1st picture....http://www.2i.sk/517785af7c
2nd...http://www.2i.sk/7422d0fa29

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 18th 2013, 1:35pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 8:03am

Do the job with 4 PGP Ultras in the corners, and forget the rest. Since 5 bars is over 70 psi, you can easily get 40+ feet from those heads.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 1:52pm

Hi Janda, I fixed your links so they're clickable now.

If you decide to go with one in each corner maybe during the installation you should add tees and cap them off where you might want a sprinkler later just in case.

janda.m

Monday, August 19th 2013, 4:35am

thx

I just want to know if it will be enough to put 4 pgp´s or pgj´s in the corner and maybe other 2 on the wide side...I dont care about pressure issues because I think it will be enough...my garden is not so large...

should it be like this?..blue are sprinklers http://2i.sk/9aee1c36e5

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 19th 2013, 7:11am

There isn't much to be gained by using more than 4 heads in your configuration, even though the space isn't a perfect square. As long as one head is overlapped by one other head, the coverage will not lack. The fact that you don't want a head in the center of the space, is an important reason to go with the 4 corner heads, so that their strong spray will get adequate coverage to the center area.

If there wasn't good pressure, then your layout would be done with nine heads, including a head in the center.

`

Systems in real life don't work exactly like the drawings show the coverage. Rotor heads spray further than drawn, so that wind drift doesn't cost you coverage. Add 2-3 feet of radius to the corner heads, and you are closer to real life.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Aug 19th 2013, 7:39am)

janda.m

Monday, August 19th 2013, 9:25am

so

ok...just want to ask because I was confused...in some tutorials they said that there has to be head to head coverage and other says that there can be only 4 heads in corners....so the final solution is to put 4 pgp ultras (or pgj´s) in the corners and make two section...I have other questions but i will make new topic...thx a lot

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 19th 2013, 10:49am

If your water supply is as you described, then you can have a 4 gpm head in each corner, and the heads can surely spray at least 36 feet, and get you your coverage. You don't need 8 gpm heads in each corner (but it wouldn't be a bad idea if the dimensions were a couple of feet larger.

If there is a strong steady breeze at all times, then your coverage is affected. I'm assuming you can water in calmer conditions.